This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make system ignore printer driver?

Sorry about the cryptic title, can't think of any other way to explain it.

When running HH there were no drivers for my printer an Epson DX4400 in the database. However, I got an install script, designed for the Asus Eeee, from Epson and this installed fine, invisibly creating a couple of debs in the process.

I note that my printer appears in the II database so I might give the Open Source drivers a try but my main problem is that every time I do anything in adept/synaptic/apt-get in a terminal my system thinks a driver file (pips-scx4450) requires reconfiguring. So whatever I install it ends in an error message saying it could not be reconfigured. Similarly, if I try to remove/remove completely in synaptic or a forced removal using apt-get that process fails too. This is sufficiently irritating as to put me on the verge of reinstalling but before I do, can anyone suggest a way please in which I can fool the system into accepting the reality that it can't do anything with that file and just leave it alone?

Thanks

ian

Re: Make system ignore printer driver?

Here's a 100% pure guess:

Code:
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure pips-scx4450
    I'll cross my fingers .... :P

Comment

Re: Make system ignore printer driver?

The message I get is dpkg: conflicting actions -e (--control) and -r (--remove)

Using control option I get no such file as pips-scx4450 and using remove I get class of printer not known.

Comment

Working...
      X