This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No window borders

I don't know if this was a problem with the beta or just something I happened to do to mess things up, but I no longer have any window borders. I'm not all that familiar with Kubuntu yet, so I'm not even sure where to look to try to solve this.

Re: No window borders

I would try renaming your ~/.kde folder and logout/login to see if recreating this folder brings things back. I am not sure which specific file would be the culprit here.

Have you tried going in to System Settings and changing the window decoration to see if changing that has any effect?

Comment

same problem here.
      also everything is really slow and i cant type anything into run dialog or rename folders in dolphin for example. I cant use adept even because i can't type in the pass.
      i have done sudo depmod -a, didn't help.

oh and no sound.

i upgraded from 8.04 KDE 4.1 64 bit version

any reccomendations ? which logs should i look into ?

Comment

I lost keyboard input last night, but it came back after an update and re-boot.

To use Adept, start the calculator and press the key to bring up a number, then copy and paste it into the password requester, if you need letters, open a document and copy and paste them.

I don't know if the second bit will work, but i know that the first bit does.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by aged hippy
          I lost keyboard input last night, but it came back after an update and re-boot.

To use Adept, start the calculator and press the key to bring up a number, then copy and paste it into the password requester, if you need letters, open a document and copy and paste them.

I don't know if the second bit will work, but i know that the first bit does.

I hope this helps.

sounds like pulling teeth out from the ass

Comment

Well, it allows one to up-grade then re-boot....

....how else can you get numbers and letters into a requester if your keyboard isn't responding?

I have found that telepathic suggestions fail to work where computers are concerned.

Comment

Working...
            X