This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.6.27-4 NO Internet 2.4.24-19 GOOD Internet? SOLVED

Both are generic. I just upgraded to beta Ibex today and can't figure out why the latest kernel won't connect to the internet while the older 24-19 does. I also don't know how to start trying to figure it out. Is there a starting point or a link that might explain my problem Thanx for any help.

Bob
    Being able to access the internet whilst answering a call of nature was 'one of life's most liberating experiences.'  Vic Hayes

Re: 2.6.27-4 NO Internet 2.4.24-19 GOOD Internet?

Go back to your good kernel with networking & upgrade to 2.6.27-5 It fixes lots of networking issues especially Intel gigabit cards

Cary
    The Ubuntu Counter Project - user number # 7859, registered Linux user 470405 Lenovo T510 Kubuntu Trusty 64bit, Intel Core i5-560M, 8 GB PC3-DDR3 SDRAM - 1067 MHz, NVIDIA NVS 3100m PCI Express, Wireless Centrino N 6300 My website http://www.qah.org.au

Comment

Thanx Cary, I'm runnin' the good one now ..... How do I do an upgrade to that kernel
      Being able to access the internet whilst answering a call of nature was 'one of life's most liberating experiences.'  Vic Hayes

Comment

Found it Cary, gonna do the upgrade and see how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by caryb
          Go back to your good kernel with networking & upgrade to 2.6.27-5 It fixes lots of networking issues especially Intel gigabit cards

Cary
          Yep that did it:

bob@bobs-kubuntu:~$ uname -r
          2.6.27-5-generic
          bob@bobs-kubuntu:~$

Thank You for the help.

Comment

Working...
          X