This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replace KDE 4.1?

After using for a few days (installed with II 8.10) the icon for seamonkey and the K icon disappeared from the tray. I have sirce found that I can get KDE back by using startkde or x-session-manager by going to failsafe login. But the process keepo on going in the conlose window and results aren't reliable.

I can't find konsole and find going back to failsafe every time I want to make a command-line entry a pain. Is there another way that I have missed?

Re: Replace KDE 4.1?

Kmenu >Applications >System >Konsole
    &quot;Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it&#39;s from Neptune.&quot; ~Noam Chomsky<br /><br />Gigabyte MB, AMD 64x2 6000, 2 Gigs Patriot DDR2, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX, 400Gig WD SATA HDD &amp; 1TB WD SATA HDD.

Comment

Re: Replace KDE 4.1?

Or Alt-F2 --> konsole.
      You can add the K menu back to your panel by adding it as a Widget.

Comment

K Kicker Icon

I killed my "K" Kicker icon also while testing Kubuntu 8.10. Added it back as a widget and dragged it back down to the lower left panel. Love KDE 4.1 so far, just takes a little tweeking...

Billy
        Billy in Sugar Land Texas USA <br />Dell Optiplex GX260/2.4 GHz, 2GB RAM / Dual 160GB HDD&#39;s, Nvidia GeForce FX5500 <br />Obsidian Black Dell Inspiron Mini 9 - 2GB RAM - 16GB SSD - Kubuntu 9.04

Comment

Working...
        X