X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE Apps question

Hi Ya Folks,
    With Intrepid Ibex being released with KDE 4.x, what happens with the KDE apps like digicam, K3b, kdenlive and others that say "depends on KDE 3.x?

I've been learning linux with Gutsy G, and would like to do a clean install with II when it's out.
    Thanks

Re: KDE Apps question

most will still work. k3b, amarok, konversation and a few others are currently running (and installed by default) in Intrepid. Digikam and Amarok2 are nearly ready with their KDE4 versions and have their betas available in the repos as well. Others available in the repos should run as well for the time being.

Comment

Thanks for the reply claydoh,
      So in short, as long as the program lives in the Intrepid repos, all should be good?

Comment

yes, as far as I have tested it. Kdenlive from the repos crashes on me, though, just as it did in Hardy and gutsy

If I get my main system back up and running, I may see if I can add the upcoming KDE4 kdenlive beta to my ppa

Also, speaking of PPA's, my kmymoney2-0.9cvs package runs just spiffy in intrepid. I do hope they start porting to QT/KDE4 soon, that app is coming along very nicely and may become the linux home-financial app.

Comment

Hmm so I'm not the only one who has trouble with Kdenlive. I dismissed it, thinking that's it my GG install that has been through the ringer while I learned Linux.
          How could I forget Kmymoney, the main reason I haven't had to boot into windows since the KDE login loop problem from a language update.

editied: Shouldn't type after a long night shift and before bed.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh
            ...if I get my main system back up and running, I may see if I can add the upcoming KDE4 kdenlive beta to my ppa

Comment

I did find that the kdenlive builder wizard (gui!) works great at building kdenlive for KDE4. It was a useless experiment for me as my only system is a laptop without firewire so I can't hook up my camera yet

kdenlive 0.5 was junk just about everywhere, building from cvs was always more stable
              I haven't tried setting up a package built with cmake, I'll have to look at Rog131's work to learn how

Comment

Working...
              X