This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konqueror bug? I think so!

Before I report this bug, I would like to hear at least one other Intrepid tester check it out and agree.

Open Settings > Configure Konqueror > Browser Identification, and open the "add operating system" dialogue, where you enter a URL that you would like to "spoof" with a different browser identity. Type in "http://" and see if you can enter the "://" characters. On mine, I can enter alpha-numerics but no non-text characters.

Re: Konqueror bug? I think so!

Yes - i agree

Maybe it is this (f1 / Browser Identification manual):

Note that you can not use the wildcard character * in this text box. However, the string kde.org will match all hosts in the domain kde.org
    Only alpha-numerics ?
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

I'm not experienced with Konqueror (I prefer FF), but with the new 2.6.27 kernel, FF is running so badly that I'm giving Konqueror a try. In KDE 3.5.9 (on sidux) you can type in a complete URL in that dialogue box, so I know that is how it is supposed to work. You can also paste in a URL -- in Intrepid you can't paste it in either. So they've got some unfinished programming there.

Thanks Rog -- I'm going to report it.

Comment

...and the UserAgent settings are saved in the ~/.kde/share/config/kio_httprc.

If someone needs to use UserAgent that is not in the Konqueror list.

> Browser ID (User-Agent) Strings
        Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
        1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
        2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

I agree it's a bug (IMHO). Please report it.
          Specs:  Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (@3Ghz), G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066, ASUS Striker II Formula MB, Asus EN9800GTX+ Dark Knight, ABS Tagan BZ800 PS, Antec 900 Case.

Comment

Reported on bugzilla yesterday:

http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=170209

Comment

Got my reply from KDE today -- they straightened my stupid butt out!

OK, notwithstanding that you could enter a full URL into that dialog on Konqueror 3.5.x, the guidance for 4.1 is that you only need to enter the domain. So "www.whatever.com" is what you put in it. I tried it, it works. Case closed.

Comment

Re: Konqueror bug? I think so! -- MORE

I received an e-mail message from the Konqueror 4.1 developer, regarding my "bug" report, who apparently was not familiar with that particular function in Konqueror 3.5.x. He's putting the "full URL capability" on the "wish list" for 4.1 -- he agrees it is very desirable for folks accustomed to doing it that way in 3.5.x.

Kudos to the KDE team for taking time and interest in this -- and for the feedback.

Comment

i confirm that problem

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
                    So "www.whatever.com" is what you put in it. I tried it, it works. Case closed.
                    And if you only want to override for https, ftp, or some other protocol? I think it should support the protocol id.
                    Specs:  Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (@3Ghz), G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066, ASUS Striker II Formula MB, Asus EN9800GTX+ Dark Knight, ABS Tagan BZ800 PS, Antec 900 Case.

Comment

Originally posted by 3vi1

I think it should support the protocol id.
                      Right -- it seems to me you might only want the spoof to be in effect for a particular site within a domain, not the entire domain, or for a certain protocol, not all protocols, as you say. He told me that even in 3.5.x, it actually strips the "http://" off the domain, and spoofs the entire domain -- you just don't see it happening. There are probably technical issues that constrain the possibilities -- I dunno.

It's not a huge deal, however, at least not in my world.

Comment

that dialogue box

FF is running so badly that I'm giving Konqueror a try. In KDE 3.5.9 (on sidux) you can type in a complete URL in that dialogue box, so I know that is how it is supposed to work. You can also paste in a URL -- in Intrepid you can't paste it in either. So they've got some unfinished programming there.
                        seriöse Singles moving service new york

Comment

Working...
                        X