This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED]Remote desktop: vnc server closed connection

Hi, I have two kubuntu (with kde4.2, could that be the problem?) machines connected through router and would like to be able use remote desktop(krdc, krfb) but I always get "vnc server closed connection" error.
    I have set my router to forward the port and set server machine to auto-accept connections. I have tried invitations and the "browse local network" -way (which does see my other machine)

This is what I usually get when I run krdc from terminal:
    krdc(13499): Attempt to use QAction "remote_desktop_dockwidget" with KXMLGUIFactory!
    krdc(13499) KBookmarkManager::notifyChanged: KBookmarkManager::notifyChanged ( "" )
    krdc(13499) DNSSD::RemoteService::resolveAsync: DNSSD::RemoteService(0x85045d0) :Starting resolve of : "XX@client (shared desktop)" "_rfb._tcp" "local"
    krdc(13499) DNSSD::RemoteService::resolveAsync: DNSSD::RemoteService(0x85fbfe8) :Starting resolve of : "XX@server (shared desktop)" "_rfb._tcp" "local"

One time I got a little longer error:
    krdc(13446): Attempt to use QAction "remote_desktop_dockwidget" with KXMLGUIFactory!
    krdc(13446) DNSSD::RemoteService::resolveAsync: DNSSD::RemoteService(0x8db0468) :Starting resolve of : "XX@client (shared desktop)" "_rfb._tcp" "local"
    krdc(13446) DNSSD::RemoteService::resolveAsync: DNSSD::RemoteService(0x8dca4c0) :Starting resolve of : "XX@server (shared desktop)" "_rfb._tcp" "local"
    krdc(13446) KToolInvocation::klauncher: klauncher not running... launching kdeinit
    kdeinit4: Shutting down running client.
    kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/lib/kde4/libexec/klauncher
    kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/bin/kded4
    kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/bin/kbuildsycoca4
    kbuildsycoca4 running...
    kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/bin/kbuildsycoca4
    kbuildsycoca4 running...
    kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/lib/kde4/libexec/kconf_update
    kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/bin/knotify4
    <unknown program name>(13487)/: Communication problem with "knotify" , it probably crashed.
    Error message was: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken." "

Re: [SOLVED]Remote desktop: vnc server closed connection

Today's update solved the connection problem.

Comment

Working...
    X