X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to change to fixed ip?

Kubuntu 8.10, wubi installation

Network segment 192.168.0.xxx with DHCP on router gives the kubuntu 192.168.0.50.
    This is ok for mormal connection to outside world, but temporary I need to use other fixed ip addresses.
    Tried with the network setup, this has only proxy etc in it, then with green network manager, but what ever I set here, it reverts to the default eth0 setting which uses dhcp. How to change network settings?

Re: how to change to fixed ip?

Read my 'How to" here.

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3100052.0

That should get you up and running with a static IP.

Comment

whow!

are the ubuntu authors serious abt it ? I mean ok, one can do it this way, some years ago we all did it similar way and were not surprised. But I planned to use it instead of my old junk slax for work with some embeded computers on my desk. This requires me to change my IP abt 6x an hour.

or does the rest of the world use only dhcp?

Comment

just get rid of the default network manager and install wicd. The default network manager does not handle static IP's correctly, but wicd works fine. just do a search, very easy!

mm0
        Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

Working...
        X