X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Login to wireless (Solved)

Hi

Since upgrading to intrepid I have noticed that every time I boot my laptop from a fresh start (not waking up from hibernation) before I can connect to the Wep-enabled wireless router I have to type in my sudo password (the login window refers to a keyring). I don't recall having to do this with Hardy and earlier versions. Is this normal behaviour and is there any way the process can be automated please?

Thanks

ian

Re: Login to wireless

Is this something to with kwallet? If so you need to change your kwallet settings - system settings - advanced - KDE Wallet.

HTH
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Yes, that's what it was. There was a password for knetworkmanager in kwallet. I removed that, but before I could get my wireless back I had to delete the connection and then key it back in. Now it autoconnects on boot.

Thanks for the tip

Comment

You're welcome

Now for my spiel with the marking it as SOLVED business... For instructions please check my signature.

Cheers!

BTW - aren't you the bloke with the static ip address in the /etc/network/interfaces file? Have you managed to do that for WPA wireless as well or know how to do it?
        Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Re: Login to wireless (Solved)

Done!

No, that is not me I'm afraid. Not gone down the WPA route yet as I struggled to make the required entries on the router setup tally with the entry fields in the network setup. Probably a terminology thing.

Comment

Working...
          X