This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Prompted Update, Now Wifi Cant pick up network...SOLVED IT

I just did a prompted update and now my wifi dont work (give ya the poos) i did the update using the wifi network !!!! i just got the machine running sweet too, WARNING dont do updates if ya machines workin.....
    The icons in the system tray and my wifi network is working, but it says no network carrier,,,,,

anyone with (ANOTHER) fix or work around, please

Details, toshiba L300, Atheros wifi, AR5007EG. x386, 8.10

Just when you thing its safe to do an upgrade,,,,,,,,.......

Struggling kubuntu wanabe,,,, luv the kubuntu,,, hate the fixin........
    Wosscoe Da&#39;Wabbit<br />(reforming Windows User)<br />No Dual Boot, go full on (cold turkey)

Solved it,,, yahoo, yes,

I fixed it all on my own, well with a bit of help from the link below, OK a lot of help from the link below. it seens that if an update, updates the kernel, then you have to reinstall the athero driver (madwifi), who would have guessed, not me, but i learnt something today so its all good....hope this help some other newb like me.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=792158

Extract from above link, Contributor is (bmartin) Thanks bmartin, you are a legend in my eyes......
    Installing again after a kernel upgrade
    If your kernel is upgraded, you'll have to install the driver again. The following code will install the compile and install the new driver (kernel module):

See site for code, and you will have to reboot to implement it......

It only gos to show that there is always a solution, if you look for it,,,, all hail kubuntu and the power of the forums
    Wosscoe Da&#39;Wabbit<br />(reforming Windows User)<br />No Dual Boot, go full on (cold turkey)

Comment

Working...
    X