This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knetworkmanager Can't Connect to Wireless

I have a home wireless network with WPA2 security and a Lenovo Laptop. In KDE 3.5 when I connected it simply prompted for the passphrase or opened kdewallet and got it from there.

In KDE4 when I try to connect nothing happens. I tried to configure the connection by setting the wireless security to WPA2 Personal and entering my passphrase in the box for "Shared Key" (not sure if that is the right thing to do)

Still nothing.

I can see the network just fine, but I can't seem to connect. Plugging in with an ethernet cable is the only way I can get internet access.

Any help?

Re: Knetworkmanager Can't Connect to Wireless

knetworkmanager is becoming a right royal pain. I am still sticking with it, 'cos usually disabling the wireless interface (using knetworkmanager) and enabling it again do the trick for me, but ymmv...

Lots of people swear by wicd - it is not in the repos but dead easy to install, just google and report back if you decide to install
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Great, that worked. Thanks a lot!

toad, you are becoming my personal kde4 survival expert!

Comment

Glad to hear it although it is prolly the case of the blind leading the blind

So what did you do? And please note my signature - for the greater good
        Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Working...
        X