This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Knetworkmanager? Or to Wlassistant?

As many are having trouble with networking in Intrepid, so am I. So, I hastily uninstalled the default network manager on the reported experience of others. Now I cannot find it after being told that something in it may work for me. How do I get it back? And I tried the Autoconnect option and it didn't do anything. I thought I tried all known configurations and permutations that I could get away with on any given Sunday, and nothing worked. I do have "wlassistant", however. And I might be able to benefit from knowing how to install that with particular attention to what directory the install goes in, if someone can help me with that, please. When I install it does it automatically create a directory for the program like Windoze? Does the OS have something like a Program Files like Windoze? Thanks! Cool

Re: To Knetworkmanager? Or to Wlassistant?

Ok, I have found that there is a Program Files. However, I do not know where it is in the directory structure. Would somebody help by letting me know that, please?

Comment

Ok, that was a mistake. I am dual-booting WinVista and Kubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex. I thought I was looking at a directory in Dolphin in Kubuntu, when I was actually looking at a directory in WinVista.

Comment

To install something open Adept and type the name of the program you are after into the search bar, press enter.

The rest should be straight forward, but please ask if this didn't help.
        Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

I decided to do a reinstall. Getting support from my university isp to configure.

Comment

Working...
          X