Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wireless autoconnect on startup (Knetworkmanager)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless autoconnect on startup (Knetworkmanager)

Has anyone managed to get wireless to connect automatic on startup I decided to drop my interfaces file for the standard Kubuntu install but this is really annoying.

BTW I have the auto connect box ticked :P

Cary
    The Ubuntu Counter Project - user number # 7859, registered Linux user 470405 Lenovo T510 Kubuntu Trusty 64bit, Intel Core i5-560M, 8 GB PC3-DDR3 SDRAM - 1067 MHz, NVIDIA NVS 3100m PCI Express, Wireless Centrino N 6300 My website http://www.qah.org.au

Re: Wireless autoconnect on startup (Knetworkmanager)

There are many, many posts in this forum that can be of assistance. In many cases, you will find that most users have better luck with getting their wireless working the way they want by removing Knetworkmanager and installing wicd or wlanassistant.

Comment

For the first time using wireless in kubuntu I have had the ability to have my laptop connect to a secured network without having to enter a password. At this time I do not know the name of the program being used to handle networking [it's the default one], but it works. I did have to install the linux-backport-modules and blacklist one of the wireless driver modules to get it to work, but now it works great.

Mike
      http://monte48lowes.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Detonate
        There are many, many posts in this forum that can be of assistance. In many cases, you will find that most users have better luck with getting their wireless working the way they want by removing Knetworkmanager and installing wicd or wlanassistant.
        Starting with a fresh install, my OS won't connect to Internet so easily like 8.4 did. Can you offer some step-by-steps on how to install "wicd" *and* "wlanassistant" (if necessary, and in case one of them does not work, please)? Do I have to download them? Or are they already present on the drive? If I have to download them, from where? If I have to pull them off the drive, how? I appreciate any help you may offer.

theAdmiral

Comment

I suffered from the same problem until I found the "autoconnect" box - since then it's been working as advertised
          Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

I uninstalled the default network manager on the reported experience of others. Now I cannot find it. How do I get it back? And I tried the Autoconnect option and it didn't do anything. I thought I tried all known configurations and permutations that I could get away with on a Sunday, and nothing worked. I do have "wlassist", however. And I might be able to benefit from knowing how to install that with particular attention to what directory the install goes in? When I install it does it automatically create a directory for the program like Windoze? Does the OS have something like a Program Files like Windoze? Thanks! 8)

Comment

Working...
            X