This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

network disabled

I'm kinda a linux noob, although I have used ubuntu with gnome for a while. I liked the new kde so I thought i'll try the new kubuntu.
    But I can't get my internet to work. I have read on problems with some network chips but my onboard doesn't seem to have that one.

I typed the command lshw -c network but it gave me *-network disabled, and also logical name: pan0 which doesnt seem right.
    I have no idea what to do and I can't find anything about it. I'm running 8.10 Intrepid daily build from 9 okt.

Re: network disabled

Same problem here. I don't know whether to struggle to make it work, installing drivers, ndiswrapper etc or whether to just wait and reinstall from a cd when the RC comes out. I sure would like to know if it is possible to get the current beta working or whether efforts to make it work prior to the RC are a waste of time. In the meantime, neither my wireless nor my ethernet work on my laptop.

Comment

I havent got it to work yet, think ill also have to wait and hope it works in the final release.

Comment

It certainly sounds like the e1000e module blacklist problem, which happened to me too.

If you're still game, I would recommend you get the appropriate "daily build" Live CD ISO image, from here:

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/daily-live/current/

Burn it at 4X speed, "DAO" mode if you have it.

Try booting that, and see what you get.

Comment

I checked the asus site for my module and it said it has the 88E81111 module.. If I saw it right that is
          The last daily build I tried was from 9 oct, if this new one has an other kernel I could try that indeed. Cause it was a kernal problem wasnt it?

Comment

I tried a new build today (12oct) which I have read fixed the e1000e problem but I still don't get any network.

Comment

Working...
            X