X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automounting partition from Live USB

Hi all,

I have a modified Kubuntu 8.10 Live CD booting off a USB thumbdrive with 2 partitions, 1 with the filesystem, and the other with a read/write scratch partition. What I'm basically trying to do is get KDE 4 to mount the scratch partition at boot up so that it can set its wallpaper from a file located there.

I've tried all kinds of things to get this to work. I've created my own /etc/fstab file and injected that into the filesystem.squashfs file, but it appears that Kubuntu creates its own fstab file on the fly. Right now I have a bash script my Autostart directory which mounts the partition when KDE loads, but it looks like this is too late in the boot process, since KDE still uses the default wallpaper, even though I've changed the plasma-appletsrc file in both the /home/ubuntu/.kde/share/config/ and /usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde4-profile/default/share/config directories.

Can anyone give me any clues on how to get this partition mounted before KDE loads, or possibly get KDE to load a custom wallpaper on loading? Or at least tell me how to reload KDE4 configuration, since the wallpaper does show up if I restart kdm after it loads, but I don't want to have to reload KDE every time I boot.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Automounting partition from Live USB

/etc/rc.local is called when the system enters any runlevel, so if you put the mount command in there it will be called after the rcS (system) scripts but before KDM loads.

Comment

Working...
    X