This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of KDE4.2 updates??

Is it just me or have there been a lot of KDE4.2 updates? It also appears not to be coming from the PPA as I originally thought it did.

Re: A lot of KDE4.2 updates??

Yes, the update yesterday was considerable.

Comment

Is it just me or have there been a lot of KDE4.2 updates? It also appears not to be coming from the PPA as I originally thought it did.
      Maybe

The Jaunty has move to the FeatureFreeze >
      Re: Jaunty Release Schedule, Plans, KDE 4.2

At this point we stop introducing new features, packages, and APIs, and concentrate on fixing bugs in the development release....
      => There has been lot of fixes:
      Mon Feb 23 02:00:48 [ubuntu/jaunty] kdebase-workspace 4:4.2.0-0ubuntu7 (Accepted)
      Mon Feb 23 10:45:41 [ubuntu/jaunty] kdebase-workspace 4:4.2.0-0ubuntu8 (Accepted)

and as the KDE 4.2 is backported to the Intrepid...

The plan

> Kubuntu Meeting Minutes 2008-11-18
      * Also see last meeting for package locations
      (in short: 4.1.x => intrepid-updates && pre-4.2.0 => kubuntu-experimental
      4.2.x => intrepid-backports or kubuntu-members-kde4)
      It seems that someone has decided that the KDE 4.2.0 is mature enough to be moved to the official backports.

One reason could be the KDE 4.2.1 release. > KDE 4.2 Release Schedule "March 4th, 2009: Release KDE 4.2.1".
      Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
      1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
      2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

yes, 4.2 is now in Backports, which though "official" are still unsupported just as the ppa repo is - you have to explicitly enable the "unsupported updates" in Adept to get them

Comment

Thanks! that explains it! Nothings broken. Runs great as from the PPA, just was wondering why. Now I know

Comment

I for one appreciate all the updates (and there are many). Each round seems to get me closer to a stable, and feature complete KDE. NEXT ROUND!
            Kubuntu 11.10<br />KDE 4.7.3<br />Athlon XP 2000<br />512 MB RAM<br />ATI 64MB Video<br />~11 year old system still kicking :&gt

Comment

Working...
            X