X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Integrating kubuntu into gnome...?

hi everybody,
    I recently downloaded the kubuntu image and I'm now wondering if it's possible to add the kde into my current ubuntu installation without installing kubuntu solitary?
    thanks in advance.

Re: Integrating kubuntu into gnome...?

Yes. Have a look at http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/kde and pay particular attention to the WARNING.
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

thanks buddy,
      but I want to install KDE from that package I mentioned (the one I downloaded before).

Comment

Originally posted by James2
        thanks buddy,
        but I want to install KDE from that package I mentioned (the one I downloaded before).
        if you download the alternate iso cd image for kubuntu, that cd can be used as a repository to install kde/kubuntu to an existing gnome/ubuntu installation (viable option if you don't have a broadband connection in your ubuntu machine)

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle
          Originally posted by James2
          thanks buddy,
          if you download the alternate iso cd image for kubuntu, that cd can be used as a repository to install kde/kubuntu to an existing gnome/ubuntu installation (viable option if you don't have a broadband connection in your ubuntu machine)
          So do I understand correctly that there is no longer a kde-desktop package available for simple download and install on an Ubuntu platform?

I'm not personally having a problem (on 8.04, waiting for a "good" KDE4), but that was always the stock answer.
          The next brick house on the left
          Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

Originally posted by jglen490
            So do I understand correctly that there is no longer a kde-desktop package available for simple download and install on an Ubuntu platform?
            The kde meta packages are still there, and are usually the best options to install kde/kubuntu on an ubuntu machine provided that the machine has an internet connection. But you can't simply download the meta packages, transfer them to another machine and install, because the meta packages are basically just a list of dependencies (and the dependencies are the actual kde data packages). The meta packages are kde-core (KDE, minimal), kde (KDE, full) and kubuntu-desktop (KDE with kubuntu modifications).

Comment

Working...
            X