This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE 4.2 upgrade with odd Synaptic results [SOLVED?]

Yesterday I did the KDE4.2 upgrade from the recommended repository. I had a few minor issues that were quickly fixed. I did this on both a 64bit desktop and a 32bit laptop. The 32bit was easier with fewer upgrade issues to resolve. This morning I checked on the 64bit system and found no upgrade notices mentioned. I went into Synaptic out of curiosity and looked at Installed (upgradable) and found 99 packages listed (all with green boxes containing yellow stars). They are all either 4.1.4 to 4.2.0 upgrades or Linux 2.6.27-11.26 upgrades. Java modules are various numbers. Is this an issue with Synaptic or should I do all these upgrades? By the way - the 32bit laptop doesn't have the same issue.

I checked Okular, Ark, and Dolphin - and they show that they are already the latest version mentioned in Synaptic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    I did a backup and then did the update from the Installed (upgradable) status. Except for Gwenview as it would have uninstalled digikam and a bunch of other applications I use. It went very smoothly and now Synaptic has only Gwenview under the Installed (upgradable) status. I need to check that out. Now I need to look into all the applications listed under the other status lists - Installed (auto removable), Installed (local or obsolete), and Not Installed (residual config) and see if I can clean those areas up.
    An old mainframer trying to get modern in his retirement.

Re: KDE 4.2 upgrade with odd Synaptic results [SOLVED?]

KDE 4.2

Install digikam:
    https://launchpad.net/~digikam-exper...l/+archive/ppa
    +
    package "marble" (Synaptic)

Comment

Working...
    X