X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.10 on Mac - Takes forever to begin boot

Hello,

Complete Linux Newbie, but I thought I had done my homework (also, I have searched google and this board for answers to no avail).

I have installed Kubuntu 8.10 on my Macbook (early 2008) following the recommendations of several guides. I do not wish to dual boot, so I used gparted to completely erase the harddrive and I was careful to make sure it was of the type 'msdos' instead of the many other options. I understanding was that this would allow Kubuntu to boot normally.

And it does. With one caveat. It pauses at the gray screen (maclike screen.. the one that the 'apple' would appear on in moments if it was to boot into MacOSX) for around 45 seconds. This may not sound like a lot, but it is -- it doesnt even BEGIN the boot process for 45 seconds. When I was dual booting and using rEFIt (before I formatted the drive differently, etc) refit would appear immediately and selecting Kubuntu made it boot immediately.

What is going on? When It finally starts to boot it works perfectly. I just want to eliminate the lagtime.

Thank you for any help!
Working...
X