This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulsing noise at boot like alarm clock

I have this problem where i get loud, pulse audio repeatedly at boot (sounds like an alarm clock going off.) There is nothing apparent causing this to happen, it seems as though it is set to happen every 10 or maybe 15 boots, it doesn't happen every time. At first i figured i shutdown improperly or was holding a key down on the keyboard to long, but that was later ruled out. Anyway, this is the third time its happened and, like i said, it seems its on a schedule somehow.

One theory is the routine check of the sda drive, (fsck), is screwing up due to the fact that i didnt get a fsck in ages. If it was the routine check i would think it would then happen every boot from then on until there is a successful check, correct?

But anyway, thats all the seemingly relevant information i have, any ideas?
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5750 @ 2.00GHz<br />Mobile PM965/GM965/GL960 Memory Controller Hub

Re: Pulsing noise at boot like alarm clock

When exactly does this occur? Before or after grub?
    Or to be more specific, during POST or when loading the OS?

Comment

Re: Pulsing noise at boot like alarm clock

i think its just after grub boots and goes 3....2.....1..... and before the kubuntu usplash screen. To be honest, when this happens, i wasn't watching the screen very closely, i was just waiting for the comp to load. And it scares me to death and i try franticly to turn the computer off, therefore i also wasn't paying attention to what was on the screen.... since it doesn't happen every time, i cant duplicate it for another 10-15 shutdowns, which id rather not do. Sorry for the lack of info, next time ill be prepared to note exactly where it occurs and whats on the screen.

I should also add, when the pulsing starts, it interrupts the boot, and the computer remains on that pulsing screen.
      Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5750 @ 2.00GHz<br />Mobile PM965/GM965/GL960 Memory Controller Hub

Comment

Working...
      X