This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Make kubuntu your main OS

I've just read through this thread and I'm a little confused.

In Vista, do you seesomething like the attached image when you click on "Computer"?

If so, are windows files located on a different drive to C:? If not, you will wipe out Vista when you install Kubuntu to the C drive.

Sorry if I come across as patronising, but I really want your experience with Kubuntu to be a good one, and a mistake like overwriting Windows would not be the ideal start to this.

Comment

Let's not guess or assume here. Boot into Kubuntu. Open a console and type:
      Code:
      sudo fdisk -l
      Copy/paste the output into your reply. This will let us know exactly how your HD is configured.
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I agree entirely. I have always thought that Windows, by default, treats the whole drive as c:\ from the start. My thought remains that it will be better to resize the existing partition to make room for kubuntu rather than deleting anything, which I think to be a bit hasty and something the poster might live to regret.

Comment

Well I installed Kubuntu as my only OS Now, I made backups of all my files on an external hard drive which is good And I fixed the bug on the game, so all works now, and personally I like Kubuntu more the windows for some reason. But definitely not recommended for people that know nothing about computers, or are getting a comp, if anything windows or mac osx for new users

Comment

Working...
          X