Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wlassistant on Intrepid: when available?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wlassistant on Intrepid: when available?

The wireless wizard 'wlassistant' is not in the Intrepid Repositories and I found this:

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source.../+build/571561
    "hppa build of wlassistant 0.5.7-2 in ubuntu intrepid RELEASE
    Changes file:not available
    Archive: ubuntu archive
    Component:universe
    Queued: 2008-04-29
    Started: 2008-09-10
    Builder: kohnen (hppa)
    Build log: buildlog_ubuntu-intrepid-hppa.wlassistant_0.5.7-2_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz
    Finished: 2008-09-10 (took 14 minutes)"

So it "failed to build" - is that correct? When may this be remedied?

Re: wlassistant on Intrepid: when available?

I cannot answer your question about when it comes (or not), but why do you need it?

I also used wlanassistant under Hardy since I could not (for some reason or the other) make KNetworkManager work. However under Intrepid the KNetworkManager works perfectly for me. Have you tried it, and what does not work is so?

Best,
    Bitnissen

Comment

Re: wlassistant on Intrepid: when available?

Originally posted by bitnissen
      I cannot answer your question about when it comes (or not), but why do you need it?

I also used wlanassistant under Hardy since I could not (for some reason or the other) make KNetworkManager work. However under Intrepid the KNetworkManager works perfectly for me. Have you tried it, and what does not work is so?

Best,
      Bitnissen
      Bitnissen: Thank you for your input. I had never used NetworkManager on Hardy, only wlassistant. Your response pushed me to look for networkmanager and, lo and behold! it recognizes my built-in wireless and connects me flawlessly to the Internet. You learn something new every day!

Comment

Working...
      X