This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox 3.0.4 toolbars won't display

I have not been able to find anything about this anywhere, so I'll ask here: I cannot get either the Bookmarks or WebDeveloper toolbars to display in their usual place in my installation of Firefox 3.0.4, in my new Intrepid installation. Does anyone have any idea what's going on with this, and what I can do about it?

Thanks, in advance.

t.

Re: Firefox 3.0.4 toolbars won't display

Have you tried right clicking on your navigation toolbar...when you do, you should get a list of all your available toolbars...check-marks will indicate which toolbars you are currently using...the ones that are available will not have any check-marks in front of them...just select the ones withought check-marks that you wish to use...
    XΞpћΞxҲ™

Comment

Originally posted by XΞpћΞxҲ™
      Have you tried right clicking on your navigation toolbar...when you do, you should get a list of all your available toolbars...check-marks will indicate which toolbars you are currently using...the ones that are available will not have any check-marks in front of them...just select the ones withought check-marks that you wish to use...
      This is a good first thought, certainly. It came to me as well. However, upon doing this, it's clear that these toolbars are supposed to display - they're are checked. The space for them is showing in the top panel of Firefox, but that space is BLANK. It's crazy. I cannot make sense of it.

Thanks for your thoughts. We'll have to keep thinking on this one...

Comment

Hm, typically toadesque approach I'm afraid, but I'd rename ~/.mozilla to ~/.mozilla~ and see whether this behaviour persists first. I'd then copy my bookmarks and anything else I wanted over.
        Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Well, I'll give it a try. But...I had this problem with a previous install, so I simply wiped `/.mozilla' and reinstalled...and the problem showed up the SECOND time I used the program. I believe it was OK at first. Will go try...and report, however.

Comment

Working...
          X