Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SOLVED] Launch ("K") menu editing - how to do it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Launch ("K") menu editing - how to do it?

In KB 8.04.1, it was easy to edit the "K" menu. Part of this was the ability to attach a keyboard shortcut to application programs. Now, in Intrepid, I cannot at all see how to do this. Is it possible? If so, how?

Thanks!

Re: Launch ("K&quot menu editing - how to do it?

Right click the Kmenu. Choose Menu Editor. Choose the app to be edited on the left-hand side. Click the Advanced Tab. Choose Current Shortcut Key. Input the shortcut.
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

right click on the applications icon and select (Menu Editor) find the application you want to add a short cut to...tab to advanced at the bottom of the screen there is a shortcut option...
      XΞpћΞxҲ™

Comment

Originally posted by XΞpћΞxҲ™
        right click on the applications icon and select (Menu Editor) find the application you want to add a short cut to...tab to advanced at the bottom of the screen there is a shortcut option...
        Actually, R-clicking on the applications icon is what does NOT work. Apparently one has to R-click on the K-menu icon. However, it DID work in K3.5, and that was what was confusing me. No one sent me an email about the change. Did you get one? (heh heh). Makes you wonder what other sneaky things they did. Programmers with too much time on their hands are dangerous...!

Comment

Originally posted by arochester
          Right click the Kmenu. Choose Menu Editor. Choose the app to be edited on the left-hand side. Click the Advanced Tab. Choose Current Shortcut Key. Input the shortcut.
          Yep, that's the ticket. Tks!!

Comment

Nice one.

Could I ask you to mark this thread as solved, please.

For details see my signature.

Thanks
            Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Marked as solved? Hm. Usually I'm pretty good about that. Slipped on this one. Have been terribly busy making great use of this. 8.10 version. Man, it's simply super. I'm blown away, all in all. Tks to all!

Comment

Working...
              X