This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE 4.1 - Missing Icons On Desktop [SOLVED]

I accidentally deleted the Default Panel (With the "K" icon, Task Bar, System Tray, etc.) and now when I log in I get the panel at the bottom of the desk top but no icons (widgets). I tried adding them manually but after logging out and back in the icons (widgets) were missing again.

Is there a setting I can adjust to get the icons to appear like they did after installation?

Re: KDE 4.1 - Missing Icons On Desktop

The easiest way is to rename the /home/.kde file to something else then log back out. Bear in mind that if you have installed some kde aps like kmail, korganiser etc you will need to copy their files from the old directory to the new one.

Comment

I believe the actual files in question are plasmarc and plasma-appletsrc in .kde/share/config

You will need to delete them from outside X. Please ask if you require further instructions.
      Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

I tried the first suggestion and it worked.

Thanks to all who answered!

Comment

Re: KDE 4.1 - Missing Icons On Desktop [SOLVED]

Great, glad it worked!

Could you please mark this thread as SOLVED. For instructions see my signature.

Thanks
          Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Working...
          X