X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web cam ????????????

hi guys......
    i have a usb web cam....and i don't know how to install its drivers in linux and use it.
    my lsusb reads as follows
    Bus 005 Device 004: ID 1058:1010 Western Digital Technologies, Inc.
    Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0c45:613b Microdia Win2 PC Camera
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

please yelp

Re: Web cam

Take a look at the thread below
    http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3098024.0
    Kubuntu 10.10 64bit<br />KDE 4.5.3<br />Kernel: 2.6.35.22 generic<br />Nvidia Driver: 260.19.06<br />Dell Dimension 9200 - Core 2 Duo 6300 - 3GB Ram<br />Nvidia Geforce 7900GS<br /><br />Linux user since March 2004<br />Linux user #526793

Comment

Re: Web cam

I had the same issue with my web cam and followed the forum thread and it works fine.
      Here is my summery of what I did based on the post by Dibl.
      Code:
      OK, I'll try it off the top of my head -- I'm away from my Kubuntu system and stuck on a Wintel POS.
      1. Download the tarball from the site in the next-to-last post there. Here's the link. Save it in your ~/home/brian directory.
      2. Open the konsole.
      cd /tmp
      sudo mkdir gspca
      cd gspca
      sudo cp /home/brian/Desktop/gspca-00eae7545365.tar.bz2 .
      Note 1: you can use the Tab key to complete the name of a file after entering the first few letters (paying attention to case)
      Note 2: there is a period after a single space in the command -- that tells the "copy" command (cp) to copy the file to the current directory.
      sudo tar -xvf gspca-00eae7545365.tar.bz2
      Now, I'm a little fuzzy here -- I think you may need to change to an "install" subdirectory -- I'm not sure. You can use
      Code:
      ls
      to show the contents of your /tmp/gspca directory (the one that you're at) and see what the files and subdirectories are. You may need to "cd" to the one named "install" -- there should also be a README file that tells you what to do. So, blithely assuming you are at the correct directory ....
      sudo make
      sudo make install
      Now the package should be compiled and installed.
      Now you install the libv4l-0 package with
      sudo apt-get install libv4l-0
      And let's install camorama while we're at it, for testing purposes:
      sudo apt-get install camorama
      So, you are now finished compiling and installing. You want to see if you camera works? Assuming your webcam is connected:
      LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so camorama
      If camorama pops up and you see yourself, you win!  Wink
      The little script that I made can be copied into kate and then you can save it in your home directory as "webcam" or something like that. Before you run it the first time, you have to make it executable with
      chmod +x webcam
      As a note I was not able to create a script to launch skype so I just edited the kmenu and added the line LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so before the word skype. Now I just go t the menu and run skype and it works.

Once more thanks to Dibl and every one else how helped.

Noel Vh
      ++Noel Vh++<br />Desktop support Lv II, III<br />Large Pharma company<br />New Jersey USA

Comment

Working...
      X