X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An opinion on 8.10 [from someone who doesn't know that much]

first of all hi...
    as you can see its my first post and, after much reading and some use of kubuntu 8.04/8.10, i'd like to leave my humble opinion on 8.10 (given that i come from 'stolen' proprietary software and am not at all into technology).

overall i must say i'm rather surprised with the usability of it and how little problems it gave me...i mean, obviously i had problems, but after +12 years of windows use i can say i'm rather used to 'problems' of all kind!
    i've used both KDE 3.5.10 and KDE 4.1 and for now i'm rather happy with 8.10/4.1; it runs as fast as XP Pro sp3, all devices are up and running and i was able to put almost all needed software in use (important to say, i use my laptop for work)...i can say i am finally an all open source user...

apologize in advance if this wasn't the right place for the post.

regards

Re: An opinion on 8.10 [from someone who doesn't know that much]

, I agree, im a windows user but ive loaded my laptop with kubuntu 8.10 and its great. the machine runs well and yes i had some issues but its all good........ i found OPERA a better web browser (my opion that is) ansd im using googles picasa 3 for my pictures.

still got windows on my deck machine, but that only because i still like playing games on line.... im an old kid still
    Wosscoe Da&#39;Wabbit<br />(reforming Windows User)<br />No Dual Boot, go full on (cold turkey)

Comment

Working...
    X