This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get task bar back ?

I accidentally remove the task bar panel, the normal one you get on the bottom with the KDE logo to the left.

How do I get it back?

When I right click and add panel it doesn't show the panel I want.

Re: How to get task bar back ?

The KDE logo is the Application Launcher.

The Task Bar is simply called "Task Manager"

Right click the tool bar and click on "Add Widgets" add the "Application Launcher" and the "Task Manager" and they'll show up. You can then move them around as you please on the bar.

Comment

easy enough....

now, my panel doesn't show like it used to on the bottom. When I add a panel it is a black solid bar.

why do I go back to factory default?

Comment

What should it look like? Maybe you had a different theme enabled but changed it.

In order to add items to the tool bar (the panel), right click on the panel and click "Add Widgets" then pick the ones you want. Position them how you want then i'd recommend locking the widgets so you don't accidentally remove them or mess them up (took me a while to figure how to use the panel properly).

Comment

Originally posted by geek

why do I go back to factory default?
          If you want the "factory default", go into your /home/geek folder and rename the hidden .kde folder to .kde_bak and then restart the X server with Ctrl-Alt-Backspace, and when you log in, it should be just like new.

Comment

ok, thanks.....renaming the folder worked.

Comment

Working...
            X