This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.10 directory structure

In addition to the yet to be fixed harddrive issues(http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...6750#msg156750), here is another 8.10 annoyance.

I can't, using Konsole, navigate to my home directory without going through this hoop:

". .. .directory" and then my login name.

What are the '.' doing there, and how can I get rid of them. They were not there before the upgrade.

Thanks!

Re: 8.10 directory structure

Not to sure what you mean but I am able to get to my home drive with the cd ~ command.
    I was able to start at root / and cd all the way to my home.

Noel Vh
    ++Noel Vh++<br />Desktop support Lv II, III<br />Large Pharma company<br />New Jersey USA

Comment

I don't understand the problem either. nesta, could you perhaps explain it in a different way or even better post the example? We can only help if we understand...
      Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by nesta
        I can't, using Konsole, navigate to my home directory without going through this hoop:

". .. .directory" and then my login name.
        All you need to type is:
        Code:
        cd ~
        That takes you directly to your home directory. In fact, you can do it with even fewer keystrokes with:
        Code:
        cd
        cd from the console will always take you back to your home folder.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X