This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome login freezes keyboard and mouse

Did some clean installs of kubuntu 8.10 and 2 of the following situations happened.
    - After kubuntu loading process completed display is black, keyboard and mouse blocked
    - After kubuntu loading process completed displays welcome screen and asks username and password but you are not able to write or even to use mouse.
    Of course you can go into console with control-alt ...
    .... But I´m quite new to linux to go further.
    Can you help me to get the access to kubuntu amin desktop?

Re: Welcome login freezes keyboard and mouse

I had a similar issue yesterday and I am not sure this will help but here you go.

Power on the system and when you see Grub for all of 2 seconds hit the "Esc" key to get to the grub boot menu.
    Select the recover option.
    Once this boots to the recover console select the recover x system (or some thing like that, it should be the last one on the list). It will pop up a bunch of things and do its thing. When it gives you the option to boot up normally do so. I have found this will get you back in but it funky till you do a full power down and power back up.

You will have to reinstall your video drivers after this, if you used them.

I hope this helps.

Noel Vh
    ++Noel Vh++<br />Desktop support Lv II, III<br />Large Pharma company<br />New Jersey USA

Comment

Re: Welcome login freezes keyboard and mouse

And while you're figuring it out, and rebooting endlessly, use this guidance to avoid damage to the filesystem:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3088251.0

Comment

Working...
      X