X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Freeze on startup

Dibl, Toad,

Thanks for the help. Sorry I didn't follow up before but I just decided to live with the problem. This week I decided to do a fresh install and went with Ubuntu this time... Same problem with a newly burned live disk. I did a new search on the Ubuntu forums and found this: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-re...es/+bug/272247 At least now I know it is not my machine. Maybe this will help any others with this problem.

Comment

Re: Freeze on startup (semi-solved)

Hi, I've got the same problem.

Here's my situation...

When I pass the "Press Escape to go into grub" message, my kubuntu starts up just like on any other pc.
      The blue loading bar bounces from left or right to the other side like it should, but then it suddenly stops moving and I have to press a button on my keyboard each time. I've had the same problem with mandriva 2009 powerpack 64bit in verbose and with the mandriva bootsplash loading screen too.

The only way, for the time being, (like you say) to semi-solve the problem is to hold down space or keep pressing a key each time it stops. I fine that really annoying. The important thing for me right now is that my kubuntu is stable. I hope you can find a solution for this bug because in my kubuntu or ubuntu installations i've got the same problems.

If you have anymore news on the bug, I wanna be informed. Thanx.

algatroy

Comment

Working...
      X