X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Install Inside Windows" problem

Hello,
    Im running windows xp pro x64 edition on my computer with raid 0 setup.
    Before this installation method, I tried to install kubuntu on my external harddisk. I had MBR and firewire problems. Solutions were unfriendly for end user so I switched into this method. I know that performance will be lower than fresh installed kubuntu but since my computer has quad cpu and 8 gig ram , I dont think that it will be a problem. before that I was using vmware to run kubuntu but vmware doesnt have a support for opengl so I chosed no to install kubuntu on a virtual drive. I know that "Install Inside Windows" is running inside a virtual drive but it is the best realistic solution.

I have downloaded the kubuntu 8.10 x64 edition and installed it with "Install Inside Windows" method.
    Then I restarted my computer and I could see 2 operating system on boot menu. I chosed Kubuntu to start. I saw its logo and so on, but then screen went black and my screen was running like "it has no signal from the graphics card". then I restarted my computer again and chosed kubuntu to boot again but this time I pressed "esc" button to skip menu and then I chosed the safe graphics card installation method but then again the screen went black and nothing happened.

Does "Install Inside Windows" method support xp pro x64 edition ?
    Does this fault happen because of raid 0 ? ( I dont really think that is the problem)

What can be the problem ?
    Thanks for helping.

Re: "Install Inside Windows" problem

First, welcome to KFN. I'm not knowledgeable on RAID, so I can't assist with that. As to installation, and your stated earlier problems. You might still want to consider installing 'outside' of Windows, in a dual-boot configuration. The following guide is considered by many here to be one of, if not the, best one around:

The definitive dual-booting guide: Linux, Vista and XP step-by-step
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
      First, welcome to KFN. I'm not knowledgeable on RAID, so I can't assist with that. As to installation, and your stated earlier problems. You might still want to consider installing 'outside' of Windows, in a dual-boot configuration. The following guide is considered by many here to be one of, if not the, best one around:

The definitive dual-booting guide: Linux, Vista and XP step-by-step
      Thanks for replying. I tried that but it didnt work. Kubuntu setup doesn't recognise my raid 0 setup.
      My motherboard is gigabyte ( one of the latest product).

I took a photo at kubuntu setup so you can see my problem.

[img width=400 height=300]http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/3787/img0706ej6.jpg[/img]

Comment

On that screen, in the bottom right corner, there should be a button labeled Advanced. That takes you to another screen where you are given more choices. Have you tried that yet?
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X