This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Issue [SOLVED]

I just upgraded to 8.10. I have an SIS 315 Pro video card (I know it's old). Immediately after the upgrade the monitor now flashes on and off. It will go blank for a second or two and flash back on. The screen may stay on for a few seconds, a couple of minutes, or longer.

Suggestions?

Re: Video Issue

K Menu > System Settings > Screen Saver

Turn it off if it is on (by default, I believe it is enabled). Un-check Start automatically.

Restart. This will confirm whether or not the enable screen saver is causing the problem. (found from an earlier post for an earlier version Kubuntu, but ....)

If turning off the screen saver stops the monitor flashing, we can proceed from there on seeing if a better solution can be found.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Sorry it took me a while to get back. I tried changing the setting and it appears to correct the problem.

Comment

Cool. 8)

Comment

Thanks Snowhog,

You advise fixed the same problem I had.

Macpasram

quote author=Snowhog link=topic=3099206.msg155209#msg155209 date=1226259766]
          K Menu > System Settings > Screen Saver

Turn it off if it is on (by default, I believe it is enabled). Un-check Start automatically.

Restart. This will confirm whether or not the enable screen saver is causing the problem. (found from an earlier post for an earlier version Kubuntu, but ....)

If turning off the screen saver stops the monitor flashing, we can proceed from there on seeing if a better solution can be found.
          [/quote]

Comment

Re: Video Issue [SOLVED]

Glad you were helped as well.

There are a lot of questions with answers here in the KFN. If you find yourself in a situation, do search the forum. Most likely you will find posts with similar issues where a solution has been found.

Welcome to KFN.

Comment

Working...
            X