This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Button for sharing folders in properties dialog does not work

I've tried to share a folder by right clicking it in Dolphin, choosing Properties and going to the "Sharing" tab. It keeps telling me that I need authorization for sharing files, and the button to configure it does nothing.

I checked in Synaptic and, sure enough, samba package was not installed. I installed it and the kdenetwork-filesharing package, which was neither installed. My user is also member of the sambashare group.

Why the Dolphin option to configure file shares is not working. Still Dolphin does not allow me to share files and folders. Any ideas?

SOLVED: Button for sharing folders in properties dialog does not work

After doing all the above it seems that you can now share folders, etc. Of course, I forgot to log in and out of KDE before trying again.

Still why I had to install manually those components is a mistery, should the Dolphin button to configure it have installed the packages in the first place?

Comment

Re: Button for sharing folders in properties dialog does not work

I am using a fresh install of Kubuntu 8.10.

I right-click on a file in Dolphin. I select properties from the pop-up menu. Select the share tab. Click the Configure File Sharing... button. After I enter my root password, nothing happens. I don't even get an error. I have tried restarting.

Has anyone else experienced this situation. Has anyone found a resolution?

Comment

Re: Button for sharing folders in properties dialog does not work

The solution I have is to hand edit the smb.conf file to create the shares you want. Look in these forums, I've explained it elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
        X