X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Cant see IDE HD during install

Hey Everyone,

During the install I can see all of my SATA drives (I don't want to touch those since they are on a RAID 5) but I cannot see my IDE drive. I am currently running II after upgrading from HH but I want to do a fresh install on my desktop. I recently just did a fresh install on my laptop of the beta and it is running great and it has some things that my upgrade did not. So I decided to go about my install the same way I did with the laptop via USB thanks to unetbootn btw that is an awesome program and it's too bad windows can't come up with a way to do a simple install via USB I have found methods of it but it's very complicated. Anyways back on to the topic at hand. So my desktop booted up off of the USB like a charm. Went to go do the install to wipe out my existing linux install with the new one. Clicked on install and all that came up in the partition manager was just my SATA drives no IDE so if anyone has any ideas on how to get the drive to show up in there it would be most appreciated. BTW the drive does show up in dolphin so it is mounted and accessible just can't do anything else with it. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide on this. I don't know if it helps but the IDE is /dev/sda
    Kubuntu II on both Laptop and Desktop and some servers here at the office

Re: Cant see IDE HD during install

Ok so not really quite sure what happened yesterday so this morning I decided to go run unetbootin again and this time downloaded the daily build and let it rebuild the USB thumb drive. After all that Kubuntu installed and I'm back on line. I am glad that after reading numerous posts about reinstalls that my home drive was on a separate partition made getting back on line even easier. So I'm going to mark this one down as SOLVED due to some unknown thing.
    Kubuntu II on both Laptop and Desktop and some servers here at the office

Comment

Working...
    X