This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Locks up eventually after password

though i'd ask again, and try a new topic.

it seems to be working sort of. after i type the password in, if i watch the kde boot screen, it locks in the middle. if i hit ctrl alt f1, and wait, which i can quickly go back and forth to the kde boot screen with ctrl alt f7, i can eventually get to the desktop. from there, i have a limited amount of time once again, to move around and click a few things, then it locks. it's not really locked completely though, because the mouse works, and the acpi seems to work as well, because when i press the power button once, it shuts down eventually. i can't click on anything though, as the entire desktop freezes. is there a hotkey i can hit to stop things from loading, seeing as how i can get to the desktop for a moment?

i think it might be related to the video driver. is there anyway to delete the video driver, and let it find another selection, or something like that. anybody, help!

Re: Locks up eventually after password

I have this same issue, I just installed Kubuntu 8.10 via USB boot stick(too lazy to make a CD).
    Freezes about 10 seconds after the normal desktop loads, while other programs are loading. I guess my question would be, how do you shut off various automatically starting programs as a potential fix?

Dell Inspiron 1100
    BIOS A32 (past the graphics problems)
    Intel Celeron 2.0 GHz
    Intel 845GL Chipset/Intel Extreme Graphics Card
    1GB ram

Comment

Working...
    X