This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu "Restricted Extras" trouble

When I attempt to install, it freezes when it gets to Java. It wants me to agree to a license, but there is no obvious way to do so.

Re: Kubuntu "Restricted Extras" trouble

If you are installing it via Adept, there is a requester which pops up, and at the bottom of it is a box which has to be ticked.

If you're doing it via the console, press <Tab> then <Return>.

Comment

Re: Kubuntu &quot;Restricted Extras&quot; trouble

if it is anything like mine...it was a blue ish box with the licence agreement which I think I scrolled down with my arrow keys but found it legal and boring so did as above and pressed tab which lit up the 'ok' button. Then I pressed return and bobs yer uncle...off it went and finished loading etc.

Hope that helps...must admit it did look a little strange and disconcerting...could do with it being a pop up web page for later perhaps as it threw me for a while
      Running Kubuntu Karmic Koala&nbsp; with KDE 4.3 at home<br /><br />Kubuntu user 24342<br /><br />Running Dell Inspiron 530 Dual Core 3ghz<br /><br />and also running Kubuntu on a Lenovo thinkpad using a live pen drive<br /><br />Still no Microsoft here!

Comment

Working...
      X