This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bugs and stuff

I don't know if this has been brought up or not. Sorry, I'm not going to do a search on 'development' distros and bugs. So, if it's new or hasn't been mentioned yet, I'm doing a good thing, right?

Bug #1) When you boot up and click the KDE Menu button at the bottom left corner, the menu 'box' (?) goes all haywire with a scattering of colours much like a TV's 'snow' but with a lot of colours, especially purple. I am guessing it could be a video drivers issue but I have no idea. I'm only reporting my observations.

Bug #2) I don't like Adept (in fact, I've never had any good experience with it) but I was going to use it to install a package. I start it in the menu but it doesn't start at all. It shows it at the bottom but the program doesn't start up. The program's 'text' at the bottom indicating it's been opened disappears. So, I go back into the K menu and start it again. This time it starts. This has occurred every time I've tried to start something after the initial boot up. I am assuming it's a bug.

Bug #3) Not sure this is a bug or not or just a bad process of Adept. I tried to install Synaptic with it but I got an error each time. So, I go to the other way I know: 'sudo apt-get install synaptic.' I watch in the terminal console, a bunch of output and eventually, it finishes and I didn't notice any errors. It's installed. Darn Adept! *Curses Adept*.

Okay, I'm done. I don't know how much of the above is already old news but maybe I contributed in some small way. I'm only trying to help.

Re: Bugs and stuff

Bug #1)
    I have the same problem. Are you using a Nvidia card?

Bug #2)
    I was having this problem before running a set of updates Sunday (9/28). It seems to be ok now.

Bug #3)
    I am not sure about this one. I had synaptic at one point, ran some updates one day, did a sudo apt-get autoclean and sudo apt-get autoremove and it took synaptic out. Kind of weird.
    &quot;Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it&#39;s from Neptune.&quot; ~Noam Chomsky<br /><br />Gigabyte MB, AMD 64x2 6000, 2 Gigs Patriot DDR2, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX, 400Gig WD SATA HDD &amp; 1TB WD SATA HDD.

Comment

Re: Bugs and stuff

Originally posted by CVPunk
      Bug #1)
      I have the same problem. Are you using a Nvidia card?
      Yes. If it's due to an Nvidia card, then I hope there is a fix for the release.

Bug #2)
      I was having this problem before running a set of updates Sunday (9/28). It seems to be ok now.
      That's good to know.

Bug #3)
      I am not sure about this one. I had synaptic at one point, ran some updates one day, did a sudo apt-get autoclean and sudo apt-get autoremove and it took synaptic out. Kind of weird.
      I am just used to synaptic and kinda prefer it compared to other package managers. I notice some good things about Adept as I like some of the lists but it runs a bit strange for my tastes and that failure to install synaptic when apt-get worked is a bit of a deal breaker for me. I mean, I don't see any reason to really use it although I am guessing it is the default package manager for K/Ubuntu. It could be a GUI-type of Package Manager with potential? I don't know.

Comment

Working...
      X