X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blank screen on Installing II alpha 4

Hi Folks,
    I have a quick question:
    I downloaded and burned I.I. alpha 4 iso live desktop cd, the install starts off okay, I get the kubuntu screen and select try without installing option. It then goes through lines of text after text, then stalls on a blank screen with a blinking cursor at the top left of the screen. I've left it at this state for as long as 15mins, crtl-alt-delete starts text again with something like KDM exiting yadda yadda and the kubuntu screen with remove cd and press enter.

So does this mean II will never work with my old matrox p750 video card? Or it's still alpha don't worry about it?

I had no trouble running an HH live cd with both kde versions and the GG live cd.
    I am now running GG on an intel 1.8Ghz machine since April. It's my first time with linux. I didn't take the chance to install HH as there were more threads regarding GG that I could fall back on to help me solve problems, and all that KDE version stuff happening. And boy did I have some learning to do, and I have to say that with the help from google and this great forum, I've pretty much been extremely happy running linux. But I've got to tell you, Gimp is a tough cookie to get to know, my mouse was a bugger to get working, permissions took a while to get used to, mounting drives was tricky, getting thunderbird to open internet links took a long time searching, and I still haven't really played around with compix, but hey I got this far.
    Thanks
Working...
X