X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why upgrade to Intrepid?

Hrmm maybe I gave up too soon?

The video stuff was irritating though. It looked like a flickering blue version of the transporter effect on Star Trek: The Next Generation.

I'll probably stick it on again in a few days.

Right now the driver is working just fine for my built in WiFi card - first time it's ever worked for me in Linux. gOS is good for THAT but very strange for other things. lol

Kev

Comment

So I installed II on my laptop again last night. I'm still getting the blue bands of flickering dots.. and I can't find the a way to select the proper video driver. Ideas?

Kev

Comment

The II KDM is indeed a different deal, Kev -- I've noticed some differences on mine too.

Does the Live CD run OK? I assume that is "VESA" mode.

So, then after you install you probably need to click on the "Restricted Driver Manager" under the system menu?

Another thing to look at is the System Settings>Display Manager (I think that's what it's called). It's a new utility where you tell it what the display manager and window decorator is.

Comment

OK the build I installed a couple days ago works for video, but it wont' use my network card at all. gOS will use it, and it's a *buntu so I'm sure that II will be able too... but I'm not sure why it won't now. knetwork manager is all different...

Broadcom Corporation BCM4318 [AirForce One 54g] 802.11g Wireless LAN Controller (rev 02)

Kev

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
            Historically, *buntu has released new kernels within a given version -- but not usually more than one or two after the official release. Since II is on 2.6.26-5 now, I would not be shocked if they go to a 2.6.27 kernel before the next version.
            2.6.27 by II RELEASE!!!...maybe

Comment

Working...
            X