This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about sound?

Just a quick question, well I hope its a quick one, i just installed kubuntu got my dual boot all set and everything set up they way I want it and I love this thing. I'm only having one problem right now and its that I have no sound. I'm running this on a gateway m250 laptop and I think the OS sees my sound card but is just using the wrong drivers or codec and i don't know where to even begin to fix it. I will say that I am totally new to this so you may have to put things in real beginner terms. I have tried google and really couldn't find much help or not much that i understood enough to feel comfortable to start messing with on my own. Also i uploaded a screen cap of the sound configuration screen, I don't know if it would help anyone any.

Thanks for any help
    Jonathan
    Attached Files

Re: Question about sound?

Your screen shot. Click on the third listed Output Device in the list and move it to the top. Do the same in all the other items in the Device Preferences tab.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: Question about sound?

Okay I did that to everything in that tab, still no sound. I also looked in the mixer and nothing is muted.

Comment

Working...
      X