X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nvidia driver installation

Hi everyone

I just new to kde and thought about giving it a try. I installed kubuntu 8.10 with kde 4.1(64 bit).
    I clicked on hardware drivers to get my nvidia video driver, and a list pop up whereby a small button saying 'activate' is present.just clicked it but no response. tehre's nvidia version 173 and version 177(recommended as it says). but nothing seems to work. Something just pops up saying downloading but stays at 0%.then it disappears( ?) and all the list in the dialog box greys out!. nothing installs, i'm stuck with a display 800x600 which is frustrating considering the fact that i've got a geforce 9400gt wit512mb ddr2 memory on it!

can someone please help.i've been trying to go through adept but can understand a thing. downloaded the 64 bit driver from nvidia but its not a double click instalation like on windows it seems!

please help.totally new to this OS and i just don't want to discard it because of this prob.

thanks .....step by step would walkthrough would be great....if possible

vasheel

Mauritius

Re: nvidia driver installation

One post per problem is normally sufficient.

Comment

Re: nvidia driver installation

as you noticed its not like os windows and does not operate in the same manor.

Try opening a terminal press alt+f2 and type terminal

type

sudo apt-get update
      enter your password
      sudo apt-get install envyng

then check your k menu system for the application open it and it may have your card in there

If you don't find the envy application try a search

apt-cache pkgnames envy

Comment

Working...
      X