This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repeat Login Screen

Hello all, I'm very new to the whole Ubuntu/Kubuntu world. I recently installed Ubuntu on a IBM ThinkPad 600X and it installed without any problems. I then decided to install Kubuntu to try out another flavor. It too installed without a problem with one exception, when I type my password and proceed to login, the loading screen displays without a problem, however when I get into the actual OS there are lines all across my screen and after a few seconds it send me back to the login screen.

I've done a search and found a few similar issues however I'm super new to this stuff so if someone could walk me through some of this stuff I'd be greatly appreciative.

Re: Repeat Login Screen

It sounds like #10 on the FAQs in my signature.

Comment

Re: Repeat Login Screen

I decided to keep it simple and reinstall in the event something went wrong during the install. It actually worked. The default resolution Kubuntu sets me at is 1280 X 1024 (I think) it the screen flickers like crazy, when I bump the resolution down a few notches it works fine. I'm thinking the video card doesnt work at the higher resolutions since its an older laptop.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
      X