X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brightness adjustement via power manager

Good time of the day,

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-NR31ER/S laptop and a little problem with it. Brightness fn-buttons do not work, even though the sony_laptop kernel module is installed, but xbrightness works as it should.

The question is - is it possible to use xbrightness when guidance-power-manager adjusts brightness (with global keys also)?
    I'm using Kubuntu 8.10 with KDE 4.2 RC1.

Looking forward for you reply,
    Nate.

Re: Brightness adjustement via power manager

You might check that the correct keyboard configuration has been installed as that can have a major impact on whether certain shortcut keys work for you.

Comment

Re: Brightness adjustement via power manager

First of all, I think I should correct my little typo - there should be 'xbacklight' instead of 'xbrightness'.
      But still, I believe the problem is not in the keyboard configuration, since volume function buttons and sleep button work as they should, and my laptop doesn't have any other fn-buttons than those and brightness (well there are actually two other buttons - for switching video output to external monitor, which I never had working in linux and a strange button I don't even know what for)
      The main question is how to assign script execution to global key combinations, or how to make guidance-power-manager use external scripts.

But still thanks for reply.

Comment

Working...
      X