Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone using the Intel 4965AGN Wireless card...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone using the Intel 4965AGN Wireless card...

Got fed up with the Dell 1505 (Which is a Broadcom 4328 chipset) and bought a used Intel 4965AGN card for my Dell laptop, which should be here tomorrow. It appears that the drivers for this are built into the kernel, but I was hoping to get some feedback from someone using this card, mostly to see if it should just work, or if there is anything I need to do with it to make it work...also, does the wireless-n work? It didn't on my 1505.
    Thanks for any input!
    mm0
    Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Re: anyone using the Intel 4965AGN Wireless card...

anybody?
    Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

I have a 4965agn in my netbook, and it works well enough. I haven't had the opportunity to try 802.11n yet, though. One known bug is that you have to have the radio kill switch disabled (= radio enabled) upon boot, else it won't work. This was posted in the release notes for 8.10.

System lock-ups with Intel 4965 wireless

The version of the iwlagn wireless driver for Intel 4965 wireless chipsets included in Linux kernel version 2.6.27 causes kernel panics when used with 802.11n or 802.11g networks. Users affected by this issue can install the linux-backports-modules-intrepid package, to install a newer version of this driver that corrects the bug. (Because the known fix requires a new version of the driver, it is not expected to be possible to include this fix in the main kernel package.)

Cannot reactivate Intel 3945/4965 wireless if booting with killswitch enabled

On laptops with Intel 3945 or Intel 4965 wireless chipsets and a killswitch for the wireless antenna, starting the system with the killswitch enabled (i.e., with wireless disabled) will prevent re-enabling the wireless by toggling the killswitch. As a workaround, users should boot the system with the killswitch disabled. A future kernel update is expected to address this issue.
      KDE, I heart thee.

Comment

Just FYI, I had to do a reinstall, because of some changes that I made to make the Dell card work, but the card works great, even on the liveCD. highly recommend this one!
        mm0

Comment

Working...
        X