X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X uses 100% CPU

Hi.

I migrated from Ubuntu to Kubuntu few days ago and one of serious problems is that sometimes Xorg starts using 90-100% CPU and the whole system slows down so badly that it becomes unusable. Only restart of Xorg helps.. After this, somewhere between few minutes and 10 hours it starts again to abuse CPU.

What could be the problem? I haven't experienced such things with Ubuntu.

I attached screenshot of htop.

Thanks.

[img width=400 height=318]http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/7061/sshotna7.png[/img]

Re: X uses 100% CPU

There is a lot of questions about the new Xorg and the older versions. I think it has to do with Xorg 7.2 I am a former gentoo user and when I performed an emerge -u system and a revdep-rebuild it broke the system horribly. Now, I can't figure out how to get my compy back the way it was. Kubuntu did an amazing job of configuring my nvidia, broadcom 802.11 and my printer without me having to build a single package. I commend them on a job well done!

As for the graphics side, I'm having the same problems. In Gentoo, I couldn't even get the xserver to work with Xorg 7.2. My keyboard and mouse would stop working, and the computer would lock up. Now I can't run full-screen games, but can run desktop effects with no problem.

Comment

Working...
    X