X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whether this configuration works?

I am planning to buy a new LG R510 laptop with following configuration:
    http://www.techtree.com/India/Review...797-616-8.html

Can someone tell me whether Ubuntu/Kubuntu supports this hardware configuration?

Any suggestions are welcome
    Triple booting Kubuntu Intrepid with XP and Ubuntu Hardy <br />Intel Pentium DualCore 2 Ghz, 1 GB RAM Intel 945GM MoBo

Re: Whether this configuration works?

It doesn't say what the audio chip is, or the webcam chip -- no way to know whether they will work. I dunno about that graphics chip -- probably the Intel driver will work with it. If you could take a Live CD and boot it on that hardware, it would definitely reduce the risk of an unhappy discovery after you have bought it.

Comment

Re: Whether this configuration works?

Ah! Why didn't it click to me that I can carry a LiveCD to test the hardware. But I guess, it would be very hard for me to convince the store guy to let me try it. We in India are so ignorant about this concept of LiveCD, that no one would believe when I say that it won't install anything, while running the full-fledged OS from the CD!
      But I will try it anyways....
      thanks
      Triple booting Kubuntu Intrepid with XP and Ubuntu Hardy <br />Intel Pentium DualCore 2 Ghz, 1 GB RAM Intel 945GM MoBo

Comment

Working...
      X