This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Mouse hangs after short time in session [SOLVED]

I recently installed 8.10 on a new machine and have encountered a problem with the mouse where it works when the machine comes up and for a short time after I log in. But about two minutes into the session, the OS seems to loose contact with the mouse. I still have keyboard control, but the only way to get it back is the do a CTRL ALT F1 and init 6. It's gotten to the point now where it happens every time I log in.

FWIW, this is a PS2 mouse. I haven't tried a USB mouse yet, but that's next.

Any thoughts on what might be going on? Is there a less invasive way to get it back than restarting the machine?

Thanks.
    Bill Lugg

Re: Mouse hangs after short time in session

Older post, but: Re: Keyboard not recognized during first installation screen (don't be confused that the title suggests it's a keyboard issue only).
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: Mouse hangs after short time in session

That article appears to have fixed it.

The BIOS was set to "AUTO" for Legacy USB support. I set it to Disabled and the problem seems to have gone away so far.

Thanks.
      Bill Lugg

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] Mouse hangs after short time in session [SOLVED]

Great. Glad that my searching lead to a solution.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X