X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with my external drive

Hello, Everyone--

I have a 250 GB external drive and I don't know what to do with it. I have downloaded movies and music to it. Currently it is formatted as Ext3. I have an MP3 player, the Creative Zen MicroPhoto, that I have been having fits with in Linux. I would like to know if I can pick up the files from the drive in WinVista. My computer is dual-booting WinVista and Kubuntu. I have some pretty slick software for the MP3 player, but it doesn't run in Linux, only in Windows. I am wondering if I should try to leave the external hard drive as it is, without rearranging the partition, or rearrange the partition to two partitions (one Ext3, one NTFS, or FAT32, and if possible transfer the files to the FAT32 side). If I leave it as it is, how do I mount the partition in Windows? I have read documentation for that and have found nothing useful. Is it possible? If I do mount the partition in WinVista, as Ext3, will Vista be able to read the contents so that I can get the music files uploaded to my MP3 player?

Your help and greatly appreciated in advance.

Regards,
    theAdmiral
Working...
X