This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timidity crash with display !!

Timidity keep crash with my legacy ATI and nvidia display and halt at boot up, I must uninstall it to boot this is ridiculous, why on earth does it has anything to do with the display > >
    Intrepid already a nightmare with display configuration, I wish I have not upgrade, and now I lost midi playback capacity as bonus > >
    Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Re: Timidity crash with display !!

Could you please provide some more details about the crash - an error message would be useful. What happens if you start Timidity from a command line rather than at boot time?

Comment

Timidity has no problem first install, it just crash and hang next boot, the same pc running ubuntu studio has no problem at all.
      Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Comment

Can you please post what appears on your screen as Timidity hangs on boot - either by writing down the error message and pasting it here, or else take a photo.

Does timidity run once your computer finishes booting? If it's completely preventing you from booting, then you might need to stop it loading on boot. To remove timidity from the boot sequence do

sudo rm /etc/rc2.d/Sxxtimidity
        where xx are some numbers.

To restore it, do
        sudo ln -s /etc/init.d/timidity /etc/rc2.d/Sxxtimidity
        with the same xx.

Comment

Working...
        X